Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crossroads and that’s OK.


My darlings
I am at a crossroad in my life.
The kind where the answer is so obvious
And I would be really stupid not to say yes.

I have been presented with an amazing opportunity.
It will fulfill two major things that I want to accomplish in my life.
Help people and make money.

But here is the catch.
It’s one of those ‘you have to pay to earn money places.’
You know. Give us $400 and pay $10 a month to make money that is not promised to you. You have to work and find the people in order to make money places.

But I see a need for this product.
I see that people will benefit from this product.
It’s something we all need… But something we all can’t afford.
Health Insurance.

It’s not just Health Insurance…It’s a whole new thing.
Something that I think each and everyone of us could benefit from.

I am not concerned about this company not being legit.
My cousin, who would never in her life steer me the wrong direction, is very dedicated to this company.

What I am concerned about is taking that leap.
What if I fail?
What if I can’t do it?
What if this takes up too much of my time and I can’t focus on the things that I want?

And then I watched Money Ball last night.
Half way into the movie it hit me like ton of bricks.

 Its Ok Thursdays
It’s OK…

  • To take a chance. Cause if I fail well then I fail but I gave it a shot.
  • To have faith in myself that I can do everything that I want to. I never thought anyone would read my blog. I didn't think I had anything to say. But I did it. And look I have 43 readers.
  • To be scared.
  • Not know where to start
  • That this is not my typical 'It's OK post'
  • That I can't wait to come back from lunch and read all of your It's OK posts! 

Sometimes taking the first step is the hardest part. 


12 comments:

Shannon Page said...

You are so right!! I'm glad we both watched Money Ball recently because it was really inspiring! You need to ask yourself "What's the worst thing that could happen?" and if the worst thing is something you can change in the end....I'd say go for it if you believe in it!

Courtney Cakes said...

I really do believe in it. With all my heart...
Just like Billy did... :)

Thanks for your encouragement Miss. Shannon! I look forward to doing big things :)

XOXOXO!!!

Bethany said...

I love your attitude about this! Sometimes it is so freaking scary to take a chance, no matter how right it might seem. All you need to do is take that first step :) Good luck my dear!!!

Alyssa said...

What a great attitude!! Definitely take chances! You only live once, right?!

Katie said...

I'm standing behind you on this one Courtney! You can do anything you put your mind too! It's so scary to take chances because you never know what will happen! And hey, if things ever get to be to much, take a time out and freeze time like Zack Morris! j/k I'm here if ya ever need anything!! :D

Angie said...

New phases in life are always scarey and exciting. Best wishes in your decision making process. Keep us posted on your new venture.
I am thinking about your Captain Morgan post, I had the same kind of relationship except with huge bottles of Pinot Grigio. Anytime I think about spending a big chunk of money I think of the days when 100$ a week on booze was spent easily and it makes me feel so logical in investing the cash in something worth while. xoxo

Chris said...

Hi Courtney, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Courtney Cakes said...

Thank you so much!
BIG XOXO's to you!!!

Courtney Cakes said...

Absolutely!!!
I don't want to look back and regret not taking this chance because I am scared.

Courtney Cakes said...

Thank you Katie, your so funny!!!

Courtney Cakes said...

I sure will!!! I think I am gonna bounce some ideas off you guys!

Ahhh the glory days :)

Courtney Cakes said...

Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words.
You made my day.
I checked out your blog and am following you right back!