Friday, February 10, 2012

Fun Photo Friday [Part 4]

Friday's are for looking forward to the upcoming weekend...
They are also for looking back... 
Looking back at one of your favorite photographs and transport yourself to that moment. 
Here's what I would choose... 


     
Picture033-1.jpg

This is yours truly circa 1987... It was a big year for me... See the lips how they are glistening? That's right Mom let me wear lipstick on picture day... I may look sweet and innocent due to the turtleneck sweater combo but let me tell you I was pretty bad ass. 

This is the year I would be introduced to a band by the name of Bon Jovi...
I would get good grades this year... My reward for that Michael Jackson's "Bad" cassette tape to play in my very own boom box!!! 

I could walk like an Egyptian.

Madonna was my god.

And this year the New York Giants would win their first championship... My Grandpa some how talked my mom into letting me miss a day of school so he could take me to the ticker tape parade in the city... I thank her all the time for letting us do that together. I remember my tiny hand holding his rough wrinkly hand. I remembering him whispering in my ear every player that he saw. I remember him buying me a shirt. I still have it... 


I promise to let up on the posts about the Giants... But this was a memory that had to be shared. :)
Let's see what you got!!! Head over to Page Twenty-Two and play along!!! 



Page: Twenty-Two





4 comments:

Shannon Page said...

OMG I love this!! My mother also let me wear a little gloss on picture day:) I love the Bangles reference...oh the 80's were great weren't they? Thanks for linking up!

Courtney Cakes said...

YES!!! I wanted to start a band just like the Bangles. I am sure Jem helped with that too...

I totally love the 80's!!!

XOXO!!!

shay said...

awwww, such a cute pic of you! and love the memory of your gramps taking you to the parade, that must have been very cool for you!

Courtney Cakes said...

Thanks!!! I didn't realize the connection until I started typing and thinking about what happened that year.. It was such a great memory. I am glad you enjoyed. :)