Sunday, December 4, 2011

Snacks on Sunday!

On Sundays my life stops completely… It’s football all day long.
My love for my team and the sport has lead me to purchase the NFL package…

I like to think of it as having a second job.
I wake up early (living in Arizona means games start at 10 or 11)
Whip up yummy treats (on a typical Sunday we can have at least 10 people over)
Clean up after every one
OH and cheering for my/your team...

Even if you’re not a football fan, you have to love the fact that with football comes munching...

But all this munching is expensive. So I challenged myself to pick a recipe that I found off of pinterest and make it for the least amount of money possible... This way us, hostess with the mostessest don’t have to break the bank...

I used all store brand ingredients and coupons, oh and I had Mayo at the house (I figure most people do) but the total cost was $15.29 with bread and chips.

Here’s what was on today’s menu.


Ingredients

            (I used & tweaked the recipe from food network I found via pinterest)

·                                 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (Store brand)
·                                 2 (13 3/4-ounce) cans artichoke hearts (Store brand)
·                                 1/2 cup mayonnaise (had at house)
·                                 1/3 cup sour cream (Store brand)
·                                 1/3 Philadelphia Cooking Cream (original)
·                                 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan (Coupon for Sargento)
·                                 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (Coupon for Sargento)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Heat the spinach in a microwave oven on high for 5 minutes and squeeze dry. Drain the artichoke hearts and use a food processor or by hand coarsely chop.
Combine all the ingredients except the jack cheese in a large bowl. Stir well. Scrape into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the jack cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm over a low flame. I use a little dipper crock-pot to keep the dip warm and the extra dip I keep in the oven. You can do as I do and replace after you take J
Serve with bread or chips or both…






No comments: